Everything You Need to Grow With An Airgarden
One of the main reasons that a garden setup with the Airgarden is so appealing, is the ease with which you can get started growing and harvesting your own herbs, leafy greens and veggies.
Unlike many other hydroponic growing systems, in your Airgarden hydroponics kit you will find absolutely everything you need to grow, as well as all the information you need to set up your vertical garden, and start planting healthy, natural produce.
What Does an Airgarden Hydroponics Kit Contain?
The Airgarden is the best hydroponics kit for vegetable gardens Australia has to offer. It contains absolutely everything that you need to get growing, including:
- Airgarden Unit
- Water Pump
- Waterproof timer
- Grow cups
- Grow plugs
- 5 x Seed packets
- pH testing kit
- 1 litre set of Airgarden nutrients
- Spanner, syringe, wooden spoon and measuring jug
- Propagation kit to grow seedlings
- Airgarden tote bag
At Airgarden we also offer a range of additional hydroponics supplies that you can purchase to make your home tower garden even better. You can search our online store for additional hydroponics supplies such as pest nets and our 2-part natural nutrient solution.
Everything you need to grow your own seedlings comes included with your Airgarden, but if you want an even easier option you can purchase our ready-to-plant seedlings. Our seedlings are seasonally curated and grown using high-quality, non-GMO, organic seeds and raised using organic standards and practices. Our seedling nursery use organic pest management strategies and inspect orders before they are sent out.
Our seedlings are grown at our nursery for 3 weeks, which ensures that they're germinated and ready to plant immediately in you Airgarden – reducing the amount of time until your first harvest even further!
Check out our seasonally-curated seedling selection here!
The set up
There are a few extra things to consider when setting up your home hydroponics tower. These include:
- Light: If you are growing outside, your plants should be in a location that gets at least 4 hours of direct sunlight a day. Alternatively, if you are growing indoors, they should receive 14-16 hours of grow light.
- 1 Square Metre of Level Space: Your Airgarden's footprint is 60x60cm but we recommend a 1x1m area to ensure easy access to your plants.
- Water: Your Airgarden should be close to a source of clean, unchlorinated, hard water, as you'll need to fill your base reservoir with 45 - 85 litres of water every 1-3 weeks.
- Electricity: You will need to have access to a power source within 10 metres in order to power the pump.
The Airgarden is self-watering and self-fertilising, which makes it super easy to maintain. However there are a few key things you need to do each week to ensure your plants thrive and everything runs smoothly. These tasks typically take 5 - 10 minutes however some growers tend to spend more time taking care of their Airgarden as they get more passionate about growing their own food. The main and most important tasks you need to complete are:
- Checking and adding water and nutrients
- Testing and balancing your pH levels
- Check for pests and leaf issues
- Trim roots as required
Check out our full guide to weekly maintenance here.
We recommend giving your Airgarden a clean out at least every new season. You can view our full guide to cleaning your Airgarden here.
To learn more, check out our web store, or get in contact with us online today.