Weekly Maintenance For Your Airgarden
To keep your Airgarden thriving and producing healthy, massive harvests, there are some essential checks you need to be doing each week, all of which are super easy and take less than 10 minutes. If you prefer video instructions, you can watch our video guides here.
Check your water levels 1-2 times per week & add water as required
- When you have new seedlings OR are in cooler weather, check your water level ONCE PER WEEK. During summer and when fruiting plants become larger (e.g. tomatoes, beans and cucumbers), check your water at least TWICE PER WEEK.
- ONLY add fresh water when the water level in your reservoir drops to halfway down. Fill it back up to just below the cord channel. This will be around 30-35 litres of fresh water.
- Always remember to adjust the pH to 6.0, but ONLY ADD NUTRIENTS EVERY SECOND TIME YOU ADD WATER.
Add nutrients every second time you add water
- Add 2mls of part 1 and part 2 nutrients for every litre of water added.
- So for example, for 35 litres added (half the reservoir) add 70mls of part 1 and 70mls of part 2.
- Always add Part 1 and Part 2 nutrients separately, stirring your reservoir and waiting for 2-3 minutes in between.
Check & balance your PH levels every time you add water
Use the pH tester kit provided to test and balance, aiming for pH levels between 5.5 to 6.5.
Check for pests & monitor leaf health
Trim excess roots on lower level plants
Trim up to one third of any roots that have grown into the base reservoir or down to lower plants. If roots grow too long, they can block the water holes on the level below, causing water leakage out of the grow holes.
Harvest & prune your plants regularly
Harvesting and pruning is super important. Check out our blog posts:
Empty & refill your base reservoir every 4-5 weeks
- Unscrew the Pump Connector Pipe from your pump and screw in the 1m length of clear hose back into your pump.
- Turn on your pump and direct the hose to water the lawn or potted plants if you are in an apartment. A little leftover water in the reservoir is not a problem.
- Unscrew the 1m clear hose and screw the Pump Connector Pipe back into the pump.
Alternatively, you can buy an Aquapro Little Pond Sucker from Bunnings.