Filling your reservoir for the first time
When you're ready to transfer seedlings and fill the base of your Airgarden reservoir for the first time only, follow these instructions:
Step 1) Fill with water
- Open the access port at the top of the base reservoir and use a hose to fill with cold water to 5mm below the power cord channel (approximately 75 litres)
- NB: if you’re living in an apartment you can purchase an indoor tap adapter and hose.
Step 2) Add nutrients
- Add 190-200ml of Part 1 solution and stir with a large cooking spoon or similar utensil
- Wait for 1-2 minutes (this is important)
- Add 190-200ml of Part 2 solution and stir
- NB: When maintaining your Airgarden, you’ll add 2ml of each nutrient for every litre of water added.
Step 3) Test and balance your PH levels
- Use the supplied pH Kit and take a sample of the reservoir water using the test tube (only fill half way).
Add 2 drops of indicator solution to the test tube and compare the colour to the indicator chart.
- If pH is high add between 1-2ml of pH Down (if it is low, add pH Up) and re-test. You should use a dropper to measure precisely
- Repeat steps until you reach the target pH