Cleaning your Airgarden
You should clean your Airgarden at the start of each new season and, if you’re really diligent, between fresh plantings. You can either watch our video instructions below, or view three simple steps for cleaning your Airgarden below.
Step 1) Empty the reservoir
- Unscrew the Connector Pipe from your pump
- Take 1m length of clear hose and screw this back into your pump.
- Turn on your pump and direct the hose to water the lawn, a garden bed or potted plants.
Step 2) Disassemble your Airgarden
- Remove your plants with the grow cups
- Remove the top lid and unscrew the wingnuts and washers (don’t lose them!)
- Remove the irrigation distributor & irrigation pipe
- Remove all of the body sections of your Airgarden
- Remove excess roots or other plant debris
- Unplug the hose from the pump & remove from the base reservoir
- Take apart all the sections of the pump so you can wash & clean it thoroughly
Step 3) Wash & clean
- Fill your bathtub, laundry sink or a big plastic container from Bunnings with warm water + 4 capfuls of vinegar + a few squirts of dishwashing liquid
- Place all of the Airgarden parts in the water to soak for 20 - 30 mins
- Scrub everything, and clear the irrigation distributor holes with a toothbrush
- Use the same process as above to clean the pump, net pots and vertical support rods.