What to Plant in Spring in your Aeroponics Systems
Spring is one of the most wonderful times of year to grow fruits and vegetables using an aeroponics kit. However, it is important to remember that Australia has a vastly diverse ecosystem, with different areas of the country experiencing different climates during the spring months. In this article, we'll discuss some of the best fruits and vegetables to plant in your aeroponic tower during spring, depending on your climate. Read below to find out how we can help you get fresh and delicious home-grown produce on your plate during the spring months.
What to Plant in Warmer Climates
If you live in the northern parts of Australia, anywhere from Coffs Harbour, all the way to Geraldton in WA, here are some of the plants that thrive in warm Spring conditions.
- Heaps of Herbs: Improve all your dishes with fresh home-grown parsley, sweet basil, dill, mint, marjoram, coriander, and thyme.
- Get Your Greens: Rocket, silver beet, lettuce, and spring onions.
- Delicious Vegetables: Eggplant, capsicum, leek, zucchini, and tomatoes love this time of year.
What to Plant in Cooler Climates
These plants grow best in aeroponic systems in areas such as Tasmania, Victoria, ACT and the southern highlands of NSW during Spring.
- Herbs: Basil, chives, coriander, oregano, sage and dill all love the cooler spring climates of southern Australia.
- Create Some Colour: Strawberries, sunflowers, snapdragons, and marigolds will brighten your garden during spring.
- Vegetables: Get ready for a fantastic summer yield by planting some tomatoes, peas and cucumber seedlings. These should be ready at the turn of the season.
What to Plant in Temperate Climates
For the areas of Australia that experience mild spring temperatures, these plants, grown with your vertical garden kit, will give you an exceptional yield and provide bright and beautiful colours.
- Vegetables: Veggies such as eggplant, capsicum, tomatoes and peas absolutely love spring temperate climates, and will give you sensational yield.
- Healthy Herbs: get those taste buds tingling by growing some chives, parsley, catnip, sage, oregano, and rosemary in your hydroponic tower.
- Don’t forget your greens: Silver beet, rocket and spinach will thrive in this climate.
- Flowers: Keep your spring garden colourful by planting cosmos, sunflowers, marigolds, and petunias.
Get Your Own Aeroponics Kit at Airgarden
The expert team at Airgarden is excited to give you the chance to grow your own plants in a sustainable and efficient way this spring. With our vertical garden kit, you’ll be eating your very own healthy fruit and veg just weeks after planting!