How to finish growing coco-coir seedlings
Most seedlings take between 2-3 weeks to grow, but depending on a few factors (type of plant, sunlight, temperate), some take a little bit longer.
When you buy ready-to-plant seedlings from us we want to strike the balance between getting you your seedlings ASAP so you can start growing, and ensuring that all of them are 100% ready to go.
As such, when your seedlings arrive, some of them may need a little bit more time to grow before you plant them in your Airgarden. If they do, here's what to do.
How to tell if your seedlings are ready to be planted in your Airgarden
In order to successfully grow in the Airgarden, plants' roots need to be able to access the water and nutrients being circulated throughout the system. As such, they must be visible to the eye before being transferred to the Airgarden.
Check out this video for more information:
What to do with seedlings where the roots aren't through
- Transfer seedlings into the base of your propagation kit or a tupperware container. Make sure you TAKE THE LID OFF your propagation kit.
- Put seeds in sunlight for 3-4 hours per day. Reduce time spent in direct sunlight if temperature exceeds 27+ degrees (you can see when plugs are starting to dry out too much)
- When grow plugs dry out (i.e. turning light brown), add water and nutrients
- Using a measuring dropper add 1ml of Part 1 and 1ml of Part 2 Airgarden nutrient solution to 1 litre of water. Add the water/nutrients mixture to seedlings as required - you can either dip the grow plugs into the water, or pour it into the top
- Continue to put in sunlight and add water/nutrients when required until roots have sprouted and are visible through the bottom of the grow plug